DRISCOLL HOUSE

Driscoll House - headquarters of the Ridge Historical Society

James P. Driscoll donated this hillside mansion, fronting at 10616 Longwood with its main entrance at 10621 Seeley, to the Ridge Historical Society late in 1972. Mr. Driscoll, a local electrical contractor, was a director of Heritage Standard Bank. Justin O'Toole, bank president and the Historical Society's finance chairman, made the Society's need for a permanent home known to him. The Ridge Historical Society owes a debt of gratitude to both of these men for their part in helping to obtain this outstanding property for its headquarters, museum and reference library.

The house was designed by prominent local architect John Todd Hetherington, and built in 1922 for the Herbert Spencer Graver family. A three-story brick structure in the English manor style, its sits at the top of the ridge on a one-acre site that extends from Longwood Drive to Seeley Avenue. It has eleven rooms plus four baths and two powder rooms, covered and open terraces, large basement and attached two-car garage.

The Historical Society maintains ongoing exhibits, archives and a research library at Driscoll House. The majority of our public programs and events take place here as well. Driscoll House is available for use by qualified local organizations and businesses for small events and meetings. A full kitchen is available for food preparation and storage. Cost for use of the facility is a nominal donation to the Society. See Fact Sheet.